Tuesday, July 15, 2008

God and teenagers

Well -- sorry all of you avid blog fans, but I won't be preaching this week. Instead, I am joining 5 teens and a recently former teen (he's just turned 21, so he's an "adult"!) for our International Christian Youth Fellowship once-every-4-year event. We'll be doing mission work and then hangin' with God together in worship, workshops and frivolity.

The reason that I'm still hanging with these cool people could be summed up by the 21 year old. I've been doing this for 6 years now, and its such a God-high to see these folks get their own "ah-ha" moments. The 21 year-old used to be in my youth group. He's a fantastic young man, and he's still searching (as are we all) but that's the point. He hasn't given up looking for God or what God is calling him to do. If by attending events like this and camp and other Christian activities these young people continue to seek, then the time spent is all worth it.

Now -- ask me how I feel about sleeping on church gym floors and leaving for the airport at 5:45 a.m.

It's all part of the calling -- part of continually seeking God!

No comments: