Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration reflections

Wow! What a day! I stayed home and from my living room prayed and cried and laughed! President Barack Obama. I like the way that sounds. Hope is rekindled and challenges abound.
My prayer is for unity, that those who are skeptical can find reasons to be hopeful of great, positive changes. Some folks are genuinely scared. (Now they know how I felt 8 years ago.) I pray that this new President and his cabinet will prove to be worthy of the trust that we are putting in their hands for the future. I pray that everyone will find some positive way to make a difference in the lives of their neighbors. I pray that we will all "brave those icy currents" to make our way to the beach where all are free and all are fed, where no one is at war and everyone is at peace.

Glory to God!

No comments: